Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dog vs People

Not much happened today, Mom was down with a headache and dad had taken the day off. With mom down, he just spent the day with us, his puppies, and started to clean out the storage room. When dad cleans on his own, that can't be good. He was in a funky mood today. This got me to thinking about how humans in general behave vs. how we dogs behave.

With dogs you can always tell what kind of mood we are in, happy, sad or pissed. With humans, it is just not that easy. If a human is sad a few hours of petting my soft fur should cure them right up. For example if Mom is having a headache day, I just go in let he know that I am here for her, a quick kiss on the hand, or resting my snout on her leg while she sleeps the headache off. Humans just don't get it, they wonder arround lost, and even start cleaning.

Humans don’t go for the sniff test that I use when I meet a new dog. That is a shame, as the little sniff test tells me quickly if we will get along or not, how old they are, and what kind of mood they are in. If I don't like what I smell then I go my way and they go theirs, no big deal. If we meet again then we try again. Humans need to come up with their own sniff test to make it easier to tell when something just is not right. Maybe every one will be in a better mood tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home