Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My seasonal job.

The Christmas tree is up, so my seasonal job has started. My seasonal duties are two fold.

First is to protect the presents. For the most part this entails keeping guard against the biped puppies, and making sure they do not peek. While mom and dad are around most of the time to help me keep them in check, my job becomes a little more tiresome on Saturday. This is the only day Mom and Dad get to sleep in, and leaves the biped puppies an ample opportunity to go snooping for loose corners.

My second duty, and the most challenging, is to protect the tree from the next door neighbor’s cats. I sit by the tree, on my bed that dad made me a few years back, just watching out the window. I know they are there, my doggie senses just tingling, keeping me ever so vigilant. If I see one stroll by, I emit one of my low growls. This is the kind of growl that I do without showing my teeth, or moving my lips at all. This is the kind that comes from deep inside. I know they can hear it, those smug cats, thinking they are so better than everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home