Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring Work

Dad and I worked outside with the pond yesterday. Well… truth be told, he worked and I supervised his work while laying in the shade of the front porch, like a good old southern dog. Meagan even came out to help out some, but could not resist the evil glow of the tv for long.

Dad worked mainly on the stream. He first vacuumed out all of the muck from the stream bed with the shopvac. Dad said he wanted to change it up a bit, so he worked the rest of the time affixing a pot to the head of the stream for the water to flow out of. He did it setup, but still has to finish up the rock work.

Mom was hurting some, and could not stand the sunlight, but she did do her part, by laying out the plants where she wants them. Dad will put them in the ground when he gets some time.

We also saw a friend from last year. A lizard was seen sunning its self on a butterfly bush. I wanted to play with him, but dad would not let me, so I sat on the porch and wined while dad shot a photo of him.

It got hot for me, so I went in with the kids to watch some TV, and let dad continue the work till it got dark. Serves him right for not letting me eat the lizard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home